Manali is one of the major tourist destinations of India. This magnificent mountain station can be found in the State of Himachal Pradesh in North India. Due to its exceptional all-natural view and nice and cool surroundings throughout the calendar year, Manali is a favorite location for honeymooners, vacationers, and adventure sports fans as well as many others.
Things to do & best time to visit Manali
Manali is Regarded as a paradise for hiking enthusiasts. Another major thing to do is is Yak Skiing. The high altitude treks of Manali offer breathtaking views as well as panoramic sceneries of the great Himalayas. If you are interested in a low altitude trek of the Himalayas then it is best to visit Manali at the beginning of April.
However, if you are planning for high altitude treks then the months of June and October will be suitable because in the other months due to snow and extreme frigid conditions it is difficult to trek. Here we’ve recorded a few of the most well-known destinations for hiking in Manali.
Places to visit when you are in Manali
The temple attracts each and every person, who reaches there for darshan. This fantastic temple is devoted to Lord Rama.
At just a distance of 20 minutes’, there is a stunning Pandoh Dam. The viewers come to this holy place for its fantastic and camera-friendly splendor
The heroic Hadimba temple is around15 minutes away from this place.
This place is around 13 km and the preferred picnic place. On top, there is a place of worship devoted to Lord Shiva.
Important travel tips for Manali
- It is better to avoid roadside junk food though it may seem very tempting.
- Water from packaged bottles should be taken.
- It is advisable not to keep important documents and other valuable in the rented rooms or leave them in public places.
- Never take any lift from strangers especially you do not have anyone with you.
- It is advisable not to buy any item that is made of remains of endangered animals or birds.
- Manali is known for drug culture so it is better to avoid strangers and get involved in unwanted problems.
- Carry all your medicines if you any health problems.
- Always keep a map of the city so that your movement is smooth.
- You need to have a great pair of sneakers.
- It’s much better to hire taxis to ramble around.
- Carry enough winter clothes if you are traveling here in winter.
How to reach
Manali is situated about 260 kilometers from Shimla, the capital city of Himachal Pradesh. Manali is well connected to almost all the important cities of north India as well as to the rest of India through rail, road, and air. The hill station is well connected.
The rail transport is not that straightforward, as the adjoining linked region is Kalka, Chandigarh, Pathankot are far at 285 kilometers, 305 kilometers, and 313 kilometers respectively. You can easily check out various travel websites to book cheap flight tickets for your family.
If you live abroad, then you can make advance booking after finding flights to India or cheap flights to India with the aim to enjoy this serene and calm place.